Followers

Sunday, June 21, 2009

THE ART OF COMPROMISE

The art of Compromise came and had a visit with me last night. I felt like I was in a movie, I was standing on the corner of 23rd Street and 2nd Ave. in the snow crying and arguing with my other half. Bypassers were looking at us like we were crazy, some stopped and stared. We argued over why he was angry, why I act and do the things I do, and whats to come of the relationship. My first emotional reaction would be if I'm to much then just leave me but sometimes its not always that easy, especially when the other person is logical enough to fight it out with you! I have had my share of good and bad relationships and what it all comes down to for me is to take a step back, put myself in my partners shoes and see that it is me who suffers from past insecurities and to put my pride aside and be there to fight this battle out , which we call COMPROMISE! That scene from the movie was not a scene for me...standing on a New York City corner with the bright lights, busy traffic, and tons of people made me stand still in the midst of all that comotion and see my wonderful for what he truely is...he is that compromise that I am willing to put my issues aside for.

No comments:

Post a Comment